WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Online
Book WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Online
About the Course
This is the introductory course for the WSET, it is designed for those who have no prior wine knowledge. It provides a simple yet sound introduction to wines, and will allow you to become more familiar the main styles of wine.
The Level 1 in Wines is ideal for those wanting to know more about wine a hospitality environment, or those wanting to pursue a career in wine further.
The course will be based around a 4-week, 7 modules online learning programme with educator support available for this time. The course modules should be followed in sequential order during this 4-week window. The course material should take about 6 hours in total to complete, plus revision time. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study.
- Module 1: What is Wine & How is it Made?
- Module 2: Types & Styles of Wine
- Module 3: Introduction to Tasting
- Module 4: Grape Varieties & Wines
- Module 5: Storage & Service of Wines
- Module 6: Pairing Food & Wines
- Module 7: Revision & Resources
The exam will take place after the advertised finish date of the course. The exam will be held at WineMatters Office.
We offer Bronze and Silver package:
- the Bronze package costs £135, does not include wine samples
- the Silver package costs £175, including recommended wine samples according to WSET Course Specification
Wines by Country
You will learn about regional wines from the following countries: